Atlantic - Black Sea Security Forum 2019
On March 21, 2019, DRESMARA Director, Colonel Professor Florin-Eduard GROSARU and Associate Professor Vlad-Ionut DUMITRACHE, participated in the Atlantic-Black Sea Security Forum 2019, together with officials of the state institutions, representatives the civilian and military academia, diplomats, parliamentarians, ministers, representatives of the business environment and associative defense industry and civil society
As part of the Aspen National Security & Defence program, this high level international event, was organized by Aspen Institute Romania together with the Bucharest office of the German Marshall Fund of the United States, at Palace of the National Military Circle, Marble Hall.
"The event reflects both the deterioration of the general security environment and the increased relevance of the Greater Black Sea area. Challenges to European and Trans-Atlantic security have only increased recently, due to aggressive external actors, complicated internal developments within the EU and a tense relation between Europe and the United States. Brexit, Russian aggressivity in the Azov and Black Seas and its evolving hybrid warfare, unexpected developments within the US administration, political developments within the EU contribute to a precarious security landscape and push for more resolute and coordinated responses." (http://aspeninstitute.ro).
The opening of the forum was made by Mr. Teodor MELESCANU, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Gabriel Benjamin LES, Minister of National Defense.
Discussions were held on the following topics:
- European Defence - Old and New Actors, Strong and Weak Alliances
- Transatlantic Relation - Sharing the Same Objectives?
- Constantin Ionescu, State Adviser, Head of the Integrated Intelligence Office, Presidential Administration of Romania
- Col. Scott A. Weston, Defence Attache, US Embassy to Romania
- Levan Dolidze, Founder and Director, Georgian Centre for Security and Development
- Ville Sinkkonen, Research Fellow, Finnish Institute of International Affairs
- European Defense in a Troubled World
- General Patrick Destremau, Director, Institute for Higher National Defence Studies and Higher Military Education, France
- Commander Neville McNally, Defense Attache, Embassy of the United Kingdom of Great Britain to Romania
- Alina Bargaoanu, Dean of the College of Communication and Public Relations, National University of Political Studies and Public Administration
- Thierry de Boisvilliers, Marketing Segment Manager Combat Helicopters, Airbus
- Bogdan Belciu, Partner, PwC Romania
- The Advantages and Challenges of Maturity - NATO@70
- Mircea Geoana, President, Aspen Institute Romania
- Stephen Flanagan, Senior Political Scientist, RAND Corporation & Former Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for Defence Policy and Strategy, National Security Council Staff
- The Age of Uneasy Peace - Greater Middle East and Afghanistan
- Mehmet Yegin, Visiting Fellow, Americas Research Division at Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik (SWP) in Berlin
- Nick Israel, Project Manager - Europe, Spirit of America
- Doru Costea, Member, Aspen Institute Romania Strategy Group, Former Ambassador of Romania to the People's Republic of China
- Two Seas, Same Threat: Deterrence in the Azov and Black Seas
- Bekim Maksuti, Deputy Minister of Defence, Government of the Republic of North Macedonia
- Commander Aura - Liviu Coman, Deputy Maritime Component, Naval Forces of Romania
- Tengiz Pkhaladze, Associated Professor, Georgian Institute of Public Affairs