DRESMARA at the NATO - PTEC Working Group in Kazahstan
Between 19 and 23 June 2017, the DRESMARA representative COL Dorin DUICULETE participated in the Partnership Training and Education Centres Working Group (PTECs WG)
The event, organized by the Allied Command Transformation/HQ Supreme Allied Commander Transformation/Joint Force Trainer (ACT/HQ SACT/JFT) and the NATO School Oberammergau (NSO), Germany, and hosted in Almaty by the PTEC from Kazakhstan, Kazakh Partnership for Peace Training Centre (KAZCENT), was attended by representatives from:
- NATO HQ structures: International Staff/Political Affairs and Security Policy Division (IS/PASP) and International Military Staff (IMS);
- 20 PTEC out of 31 accredited centres.
The agenda of the activity included topics such as:
- IMS and HQ SACT updates in the enhance and consolidation of the individual training and education offered by PTEC;
- IS/PASP update in preparation of the Warsaw NATO Summit;
- PTEC community support of the Global Programming;
- PTECs support of the UN training while maintaining their role in NATO;
- NSO update, seat allocation process for NATO members and partners, „Train the Trainer” and „Instructor Exchange” programs;
- Discussions on:
- increasing cooperation between PTECs;
- enhancing PTEC regional cooperation in order to better serve as focal points for regional education and training;
- improving information sharing and experience exchange among all PTECs;
- regroup PTECs by functional areas.
- Organization of the Marketplace and the second PTECs WG in Brussels, October 2017;
- Organization of the 18th Annual PTEC Commandants' Conference in 2018.